Suggest treatment for itching in the scrotal area

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i am suffering with itching near penis not on it and on two testicles . everyday during bath i get white substance from ithe affected area.how to solve it permanently .
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection; Use a topical antifungal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have reviewed the image.

You seem to have a fungal infection.

I suggest a topical antifungal cream e.g clotrimazole 1% + beclomethasone dipropionate 0.05% cream (Clotrin- B cream), twice daily for 2 weeks.
In addition you may also take a tablet of levocetrizine 5mg (tab teczine) once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itching

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
do i loose itching permanently by using it
can i get those in medial stores without presciption

do i have any side effects by using tablets

i am suffering with it for many years but it is not cured permanently it is repeating

when should i use the cream before or after the bath how much time should i keep it with me
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Topical antifungal cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

This is a prescription cream and tablet and I suggest you to use the medications under supervision of a doctor in your vicinity.
Use the cream twice daily, after bath, in morning and before going to bed, at night for 2-4 weeks. Tablet is to be taken once daily in evening.
After this resolves, use an antifungal dusting powder (Clotrimazole 1% dusting powder) during summers to prevent relapse.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
what is relapse
what is complete name of it

that powder name there is also irritation between my buttocks due to excessive hair growth can i use the cream you suggested between the buttocks too

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Relapse means recurrence of condition.

Yes you can use the cream in the butt folds too.