Suggest treatment for itching and discomfort on vagina
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.
Thanks for writing to us.
According to your information, you are mostly suffering from Recurrent Vaginal Yeast Infection.
I suggest to undergo one CULTURE of vaginal discharge and DRUG SENSITIVITY TEST along with blood sugar (PPBS) and differential count for evaluation.
Next thing, you have to ELIMINATE or CORRECT some predisposing factors like mental stress, lack of sleep, poor eating habits, frequent using of steroid, pill or antibiotic, weak immune system, Cervicitis, poor genital hygiene etc.
To summarize, you have to modify all these things to get effective result. You can consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance.
TREATMENT: 1) Vaginal suppository with mixed Clindamycin and Clotrimazole can be used for 5-7 days.
2) Use vaginal moisturizer cream like RepHresh pH gel or VAGISIL cream to avoid repeated infection and maintain vaginal pH. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
3) Wear only cotton clothes. Don't wear any tight fitting cloths or pants to avoid repeated friction/ irritation. Take sound sleep adequately.
4) Take healthy diet as you have mentioned with anti oxidant (like Vitamin -E or C, Selenium, Zinc etc) supplements. Drink plenty of water or juice for better systemic circulation. You must avoid SALTY/ SUGARY/ FATTY foods.
5) Avoid chemical cosmetics, perfume or scented bath products around genital area. Keep the area mostly dry. You also avoid unprotected sexual intercourse along with chemical lubricant until your problem is resolved completely.
6) Your husband also needs one course of treatment with anti-fungal cream. Do use condom during sexual intercourse and maintain genital hygiene.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Suggest treatment for bumps on vagina after having intercourse
- Suggest treatment for itching in vagina and anus
- Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- Suggest treatment for stomach discomfort
- Suggest treatment for testicular discomfort
- Am i taking the right treatment for vagina itching
- Have itching with discharge near vagina treatment
- Used vibrator for orgasm vagina is swollen suggest the treatment