Suggest treatment for irritable bowel syndrome

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have had minor stomach cramping on and off for aboutn4 months. Sometimes I have diarrhea and sometimes not. It feels like someone is squeezing my stomach. I don't ever have vomiting nor do I have a fever that accompanies the discomfort. The pain is localized and does not spread out except hen I have diarrhea. I have chalked everything up to stress and have not seeked medical advice until now.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be IBS

Detailed Answer:

Welcome again to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and symptoms you might be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) or maybe colitis or worm infestation.

So its advisable to get yourself dewormed and still if this persists then get a colonoscopy done, as IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion.

But for the prescription you need to see your local doctor as these are prescription drugs. Also taking preprobiotics may help your diarrhea as they will drive out the bad gut bacterias and replenish the good ones.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj