Suggest treatment for irregular periods
due to perimenopause
Thanks for posting your query.
From what I understand you seem to be having menstrual irregularities - delayed periods, intermenstrual bleeding associated with symptoms similar to premenstrual syndrome. These are part of peri-menopausal symptoms. These symptoms are commonly seen in women nearing menopause. The cause as you might know is hormone disturbances which end with complete cessation of periods.
In addition to these symptoms you may also develop other symptoms such as hot flashes, menstrual irregularities, sleep disruptions, mood swings and urinary problems. Do not worry if you develop these symptoms too.
Though these symptoms are normal, you may consider using oral contraceptive pills (OCP) briefly if symptoms are disturbing. Your gynecologist can help you prescribing the pills to you.
The other treatment available includes hormone replacement therapy . You may discuss about these with your gynecologist.
The bottom line is your symptoms are more likely to be due to perimenopause. Though I would encourage you to review with a competent gynecologist for detailed evaluation and the treatment as suggested if heavy bleeding persists for more than a week now.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods and weight loss
- What treatment is suggested for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods with pcod
- Suggest treatment for pcos and irregular periods
- Treatment and cure for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods
- Suggest treatment for irregular periods after a miscarriage
- Suggest treatment for continous spotting and irregular periods
- What is the treatment for irregular periods
- Treatment for irregular periods