Suggest treatment for intertrigo

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi how are you doing i been having this problem it's called intertrigo it's a flamatory skin disease how to get rid of it can you take pills for email me my address is YYYY@YYYY to let me know please
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti fungal and corticosteroid ointments helps.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Ointments containing anti fungal agents like terbinafine ( lamisil ) or miconazole and corticosteroid like hydrocortisone (cortisone 1 ) for local application will be helpful. Keep the skin folds dry. You can use anti perspirants if sweating excess. Using talcum powder also is helpful to absorb moisture. You can also take vitamin C and B6 supplements. These measures will be helpful.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng