Suggest treatment for intermittent stomach pain and nausea
likely related to dyspepsia or constipation or acute gastritis
Welcome to health care magic,
Stomach pain with cramps and nausea is likely related to dyspepsia or constipation or acute gastritis but it needs to be evaluated further by clinical examination and various tests to have confirmed diagnosis.
If your symptoms are not so troublesome then I can suggest you some medications and dietary precautions for some relief. You can try them
1) Take Proton pump inhibitors (pantoprazole 40 or rabeprazole 20) twice daily.
2) Take tab.ondasetron (brand name: Emeset) for nausea.
3) Syrup digene 2 TSF three times a day will also be helpful if there is acidity or stomach burning.
All above drugs are available as OTC drugs.
Anti-spasmodic drug like dicyclomine can also be given from stomach pain but you will need prescription from some local doctor.
4) Avoid hot,oily and spicy foods rather take bland diet for initial 2 to 3 days.
5) Take plenty of water with fruit juices (lemon juice with added salt) or coconut water.
6) Or have soft diet only for next 2 to 3 days.
7) Take stool softener or laxatives (like syrup cremaffin plus) 3TSF for bowel motion.
I would expect you to get better within 1 or 2 days but if your problem persists then i will advice you to see physician or gastro physician who can order various tests and can come to a particular diagnosis and start the treatment.
Hope this will help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- Suggest treatment for lower back and stomach pain
- Treatment for chronic stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach pain and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and back pain
- Suggest treatment for gastric problem with stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and loose motions
- Cerazette stomach pain treatment
- Diaherra and stomach pain treatment