Suggest treatment for intermittent nose bleeds followed by swollen and painful gums

ENT Specialist
Question
The left side of my nose had been bleeding off and on for some time. I used vaseline on Sunday, and that seemed to work. But on Monday my right septum was very sore, and the cartilage in my nose was very sore to touch. Yesterday morning the symptoms persisted and I felt numbness in my front gums. Tonight my front lip is swollen, the gum area is painful and my nose is blocked as though with a cold.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rhinitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The symptoms are probably due to some folliculitis in the nose original rhinitis.
The infection might be spreading involving the adjacent area.
Please tell me do you have any pain on touching the tip of nose?
Any history of diabetes?
Any decayed tooth?
It would be better if you can send me the picture of your face and nose and tell me what medicines have you been taking so far so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for intermittent nose bleeds followed by swollen and painful gums 2 hours later
The tip of my nose is sore to touch.
There's no history of diabetes.
There's no decayed tooth.
Yesterday at a Dr exam, there was no evidence of infection.
I've been taking extra strength tylenol and advil to relieve the pain.
My upper lip is minimally swollen, but the inside tissue where the gum and lip connects is sore. If you saw my face it would look normal.
I don't take any other prescriptive drugs. I've been using a saline spray, vaseline and neosporin.
There is mucous flow in my nose, and I'm beginning to have some cold symptons

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vestibulitis with mucositis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Apply candid mouth paint to the oral lesion 4 to5 times a day for a week.
Use hexidine mouthwash.
Take tablet cefixime 200 twice daily and tablet levocetrizine plus phenylepherine twice daily.
Put xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards