Suggest treatment for inflammation and sensitiveness in mouth

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: The inside of my mouth and tongue is very sensitive, painful and slightly inflammed.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stress Ulcers, AKA canker sores

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. These swollen oral cavity symptoms are likely canker sores and are very common and self resolving. These are also called aphthous ulcers. You on lorazepam indicates you are a stressful person and these are very common in stress and anxiety where they are also called stress ulcers.

Take some oral mouth rinses of steroids like dexamethasone and apply some topical anesthetic gels like benzocaine etc. Take some nutritional supplements especially B supplements and folates.

Following home remedies shall also helpa nd should be adopted.

Rinse your mouth:
Use salt water or baking soda rinse (dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1/2 cup warm water).

>Dab a small amount of milk of magnesia on your canker sore a few times a day.

>Avoid abrasive, acidic or spicy foods that can cause further irritation and pain.

>Apply ice to your canker sores by allowing ice chips to slowly dissolve over the sores.

>Brush your teeth gently, using a soft brush and foaming-agent-free toothpaste such as Biotene or Sensodyne ProNamel.

Dont worry . It self resolves within a couple of days maximum a week or two.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan