Suggest treatment for infertility

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: Hello,
I have tried having sex with my husband for last full month, but i didnt conceive.
Can you please tell me whta could be the reasons.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Primary problems, timing at ovulation, few basic tests.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
To recapitulate: Female/29 - trying to conceive - tried having contacts with husband for last full month - wants to know the reasons:

The commonest reasons could be:
> In wife:
No ovulation
Or the ovulation period missed
Problems with the uterus, Fallopian tubes, Ovaries like PCOS
Hormonal imbalances

> In husband:
Semen not having sufficient sperm count.

Please give additional information:
Since when are you married?
Any contraceptive methods you used in past?
Any history of major illness in recent past?
Any history of abortion or gynecological problems that you have?

If this is the first month that you are trying for pregnancy, it is possible that pregnancy might not have occurred.
It may happen in the next few months if both of you have no such problems that make pregnancy not possible.
The chances of pregnancy are increased if you have sex around ovulation. This is around 14 th day prior to next period.

Both of you can always go for the routine tests of blood, urine.
Semen analysis of husband.
Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen including pelvis for you.
These give preliminary reports whether normal or not.

I hope this answers your specific query and helps you to get the proper timing and the preliminary tests that should be done.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication and give feedback so that I can guide you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj