Suggest treatment for hypertrophic scar on hand caused after plastic surgery

Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: after plastic surgery of my hand as i had a deep cut. i am having hypertrophic scars.
should i use hexilak silicone gel or strataderm gel
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Intralesional steroid, Contractubex

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for writing to us on HCM.
The best treatment option for you would be to get intralesional shots of triamcinolone (a steroid) directly into your hypertrophic scar every 3 weekly by a certified dermatologist. Usually appreciable results will be visible by 2-3 sessions.
At home additionally you can apply a gel containing allantoin, heparin, cepae extract (CONTRACTUBEX) and it should be applied with gentle massage for 2-3 minutes twice a day. Additionally occluding the area with plastic tape after application of Contractubex will bring much better and faster results.
Hexilak and Strataderm too can work but personally speaking I would go for Contractubex any day.
I am sure if both of these treatment carried out simultaneously you be have pretty good results.
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 42 minutes later
Thank you. Sir, how about using pressure garments. Secondly shots of steroids are injecting it or some thing else.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pressure garments also helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Pressure garments are also helpful but mainly they are for supportive treatment. Main treatment would be injecting steroid directly into your scar i.e intralesional steroid therapy.
Hope you get well soon.
If you have any queries feel free to reach me directly via the following link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-hardik-pitroda/67169
Thank you
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 2 days later
Hello sir,
Should I take full use of my hand proper gripping, excersisng etc or should restrict my movement
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
-----

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
You can freely do all of your work. There is no need to restrict any of your lifestyle
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj