Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
Thank you for asking healthcaremagic.
I have gone through the query and understood your concern.
In my opinion your new doctor has done nothing wrong.
Your doctor has cut the dosage to half to check whether your BP can be controlled with lower doses of labetalol.The BP reading you mentioned is also within acceptable limit.
Labetalol in the elderly people may get accumulated in the body due to poor excretion and preexisting heart/kidney dysfunction,especially at higher daily dose and thus may cause heart conduction problems like bradycardia and hypotension.
Hope this answers your query.Further queries are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- Paroxetine treatment for high blood pressure
- Constant high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- High blood pressure symptoms treatment
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment