Suggest treatment for hammertoe deformity
Need more info
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Are both the big toes painful.
Is there any swelling or redness associated with the small joints of the toes.
Do you have a history of any arthritis related disease
Do you have any difficulty walking or running with this condition
Is the big toe overlapping the 2nd toe
If possible upload some good quality images of both the toes.
Wishing you best of health
Based on the image you uploaded it appears to be hammertoe which is a deformity that causes a toe to bend this way. It can occur as result of wearing ill-fitting footwear or prolonged / chronic untreated or poorly managed arthritis. Usually there is bunion associated with such a toe , which is a painful swelling of the first joint of the big toe and may require surgery if conservative treatment do not help. NSAIDs, cold-pack application, insole orthotics, Local cortisone injections can be used to delay progression and address any painful symptoms. Toe spacers can be worn between 1st and 2nd toes for providing a corrected mechanical field.
Let me know if you have any query
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for toe deformity
- Treatment and cure for rotation deformity
- Boutonniere deformity treatment
- Swan neck deformity treatment
- Treatment and cure for tooth deformities
- Treatment and cure for septal deformity
- Treatment and cure for postural deformity
- Treatment and cure for wrist deformity
- Treatment and cure for checkrein deformity
- Treatment and cure for nasal deformities