Suggest treatment for hair loss and excessive body odor
Either reduce the sweating or killing the bacteria over the skin.
Welcome to health care magic,
I understand your concern for strong unpleasant body odour and will be answered by me.
The cause could be either excess sweating of the body specially at underarms,groin as sweating itself doesn't have smell but it provides a favourable medium for bacteria (present on skin specially on armpits) which releases some aromatic fatty acids causes unpleasant smell.
We should start Treatment by two ways.
A) reduce this excess sweating
B) kill the bacteria present over skin
A) Here are some tips to stop this sweating or its odours.
1) If you have eczema or dermatitis or allergy then first take proper antibiotics or anti fungal as per your dermatologist opinion.
2) Always take balanced diet and drink plenty of water daily.
3) Avoid tight fitting clothes rather wear loose clothes.
4) Wear cotton material clothes and avoid synthetic silk.
5) Bath with antibacterial soap like dettol,savlon
6) Always clean your armpits or groin and other private parts,twice or thrice with brush during bathing.
7) Use antiperspirants and deodorants together like aluminium chlorhydrate or zirconium,one will block perspiration and other will mask the smell.
8) Use antibacterial creams or hand sanitizers on your armpits.
10) Curtailing excess tea or coffee or cold/sugar drinks.
B) By killing the bacteria present over the skin of underarms.
(1) Cumulative execution of above tips,
(2) trying different antiperspirants and apply them only in night bed time and wash in the morning
( don't apply on day time)
(3)Tab.oxybutynin 10 mg twice daily,
(4)Topical glycopyrrolate cream or ointment over armpits and other excess sweating areas.
(5) Use of antiseptic/ antibacterial solution like chlorhexidine 0.05% on body and specially on armpits and groin area.
You can continue with tab.metronidazole as prescribed by your doctor.You should see your gynaecologist for birth control implant whether it is a source of your infection or discharge.
You can take vitamin B complex with vitamin A,E and C for hair growth and have stress free life to prevent further hair loss.
If you have any query then feel free to ask me.
Thanks and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abnormal body odor treatment
- Lewy body body odor
- Body odors from chemo treatments
- Treatment and cure for Body odor
- What treatment is suggested for hair loss
- Suggest treatment for hair loss and dandruff
- Can excessive sweating and body odor be due to acromegaly?
- Body odor disease treatment
- Oxyelite causes body odor
- Suggest treatment for hair loss