Suggest treatment for profuse sweating

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Excessive sweating on palm and foot since childhood. It's been always there.my father also has this problem. I tried homeopathy for 3-4 months but it didn't work out.My hand and foot are always wet.this never happens in December and January.although sweat do not smell bad.
it disrupts while writing, walking, working on PC etc.

kindly suggest any medications.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

I would keep a possibility of primary palmoplantar hyperhidrosis, however, I would first like to rule out hyperthyroidism which can secondarily lead to excessive sweating from palms and soles.
Primary palmoplantar hyperhidrosis is a condition of excessive sweating from palms and soles without any underlying causes like hyperthyroidism or anxiety.
You may first try application of 20% aluminium chloride hexahydrate lotion. This is the most practical first choice. It is marketed as drysol or Aldry lotion or Nosweat lotion. Try it every night for 4-6 weeks.
If aluminium chloride hexahydrate lotion alone proves in effective you have the option of either Injection Botulinum toxin (into the affected area) Or Oral Glycopyrrolate 1mg tablet (Tab. Glycolate 1mg), twice daily.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana