Suggest treatment for gluten intolerance and hair loss

Dr. Maheshwari

Posted on Thu, 30 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I think I havea gluten intolerance but I also have hair loss - on my head all my eye lashes on one eye half my eyebrow same side, I come out in burning skin if I eat foods with gluten and angry welts as if I have been whipped, worried this could be Celtic's
Answered by Dr. Maheshwari 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more questions to ask.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,Welcome to the HCM.
Thank you for your question.

Dear Since there are many diseases which can cause skin manifestations and hair loss. So it need to be examined in person first.
I would like to ask that why do you think it is celiac disease. what kind of food trigger your symptoms? Do these symptoms appear only after having gluten included food? Have you gone through gluten sensitivity test?

Since if it had been celiac disease then you would have also got intestinal and gastric symptoms like loose motions, bloating, malabsorption and abdominal distention etc. More of celiac disease appears at the time of child hood after starting weaning at 7 months of age.

Do you have loose motions and malabsorption problem associated with gluten?
If I could know more about your history ,I may clarify more.

Hope I can help you further.
Regards,Dr.Maheshwari
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj