Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the toes and ingrown toe nail

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I would like to speak with a foot doctor in regards to toe fungus received when I went to a nail salon that was recommended to me. Also, a possible in grown toe nail. ??
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
upload image please

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Kindly upload a good quality image of the toe nail involved in the fungal infection/ ingrowing toe nail, to comment further

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 15 hours later
Here are the pics that u requested...

The little toe was infected by a salon that wasn't sanitary and the fungus started to spread to the other ones. The big toe recieved the fungus from the small toe. However, it looks as though it has permanent damage from being stepped/smashed on. It has looked like this a couple of times and eventually a toe nail grows back and over that one. However, it appears as though it really never heals. When the new one comes in to grow it doesn't appear to have a fungus problem. If u look at the top ridge of the toe nail, u can see that it is controlled/limited by the skin, to keep growing properly. I am wondering WHAT NEEDS TO B DONE for it to get back to it's original state. Do I need surgery? It's very bumpy and not smooth like it used to b anymore.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Thanks for the images.

Based on the images you uploaded and your description, its Onychomycosis which is a fungal infection of the nail.

Oral terbinafine for 12 weeks is required for treatment with topical tavaborole. Fungal culture can be done for confirmation.

For the ingrowing toe nail, Yes, surgery is needed. Wedge resection of the affected nail would be required.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 5 hours later
"Wedge resection of the affected nail would be required."

Do u mean on the big or little toe or both?

"I don't think u r supposed to b posting another link asking for more money when I have already contacted u here. I already have a subscription."

R u located in the United States? If not, how do I contact doc's here in the states?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

The big toe appears to be having an ingrowing nail. Wedge resection would be required for that purpose.

Yes, you may reply here or contact me directly. You have complete choice in this regard. I am sorry for your distress.

For further information you can email customer care.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Dr. M.S. Khalil