• question-icon

Suggest treatment for eye pain alobg with liquid discharge

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hi im 29 f. i had power to my eyes since my childhood. i used to wear glasses. later in 2010 i did lasick eye surgery. it was successful and didnt have any problem till last year. but since a year im facing eye pain and there is thick liquid formed in the eye which is usaully seen after waking up from bed in the morning. during day i keep feeling that there is thin layer on my pupil which disturbs me from seeing things. i need to keep rubbing my eyes to clear it.
please tell me what it is ? let me know if i need to go for checkup or it is ok.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to an allergic cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The thick secretions from your eyes are possibly due to an allergic cause. Applying Pataday (Olopatadine Hydrochloride) Ophthalmic Solution thrice or four times a day for the next few days should provide relief. I would also insist you to wash your eyes multiple times a day with plain water.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha