Suggest treatment for extreme intolerance to cold, joints pain, fatigue, headache and vomiting

Question
Extreme intolerance to cold, joints hurt, extreme fatigue, headache, hard to hold my head up, weak, no appetite, vomiting, feels difficult to breathe, short of breath, constipation, pain in side, fluid/scar tissue below stomach bulging creating pain and pressure

Fri, 25 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to a viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You could be suffering from a viral infection. Such infections are common in such a season. Irrespective of treatment such episodes usually resolve in a week or so. Management is symptomatic. You are doing the right thing by taking acetaminophen. I am not sure if you need oxycodone, rather taking double dose of acetaminophen (1g per dose) should do the job.

Regarding the constipation and bulging abdomen, our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.