• question-icon

Suggest treatment for eustachian tube blockage

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I had hit myself in the face in 2015, after which I began experiencing NON-STOP right ear eustachian tube congestion. Rhinoplasty help, but only 40 to 50%.
My right ear has good days, and then 3 or 4 bad days. Feeling congested, cvonstantly clicking an popping.

What PISSES ME OFF is every time doctors examine my ears ALL IS FINE...

But AL IS NOT FUCKING FINE! HOW IN THE FUCK can I find a non-stone-age doctor to PINPOINT THIS FUCKING NUISANCE? II I could nail Jesus to the cross and nail into HIS ear so I could have HIM suffer for ME for THIS sin so I could be cured by his stripes! Would I?

HE'S God. THIS sit is all GOD'S fault.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Eustachian tube blockage after face injury means the septal deviation is causing that. You said you got rhinoplasty done, it is possible that the there is some left over septal deviation due to which you are still having the symptoms.
My advice is you should get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and a pure tone and impedance audiometry done. The audiometry will show the eustachian tube dysfunction.
If there is deviation, it should be corrected but if there is no nasal pathology Than you should get a tympanotomy with grommet insertion done.
Follow up with the reports so that I can suggest you better.
Take steam inhalation and chew a gum that will also help decongest the tube.
Use fluticasone nasal spray twice daily and tablet levocetrizine plus phenylepherine combination twice daily for a week.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available at prescription only.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 17 hours later
Sometimes the ear blockage can be felt nasally, and sometimes affects my right-eye vision. Feeling fine today, but tomorrow, the blockage will be dragging me down, yet again
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information
As the symptoms are not static means the blockage is not permanent.
You should get the required investigations done and attach here.
Follow the rest of prescription, you will definitely be benefited.
Attach the reports so that I can suggest you accordingly.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 39 hours later
Blockage not perm? I have had this non-stoppedly, with only intermittent periods of rest days. It was eased off by my rhinoplasty.
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube dysfunction

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
Blockage not.permanent means it is a mucosal pathology. Please get the required investigations done. The problem might be related to temperature or weather changes.
Any further queries are always welcome.
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 12 hours later
It is the same year round. Cold or hot or cool, warm weather does NOTHING to harm nor alleviate.

It is worse when I first wake up. Seems to alleviate (sometimes) after I GET UP and move around.

SO SICK of never being able to wake up READY HOT TO TROT because of this shit
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Please get a x-ray paranasal sinuses done and audiometry done. Send me the reports. I can advise you as per the reports. You should take medicines as prescribed till than. You will definitely be benefited.
Also adjust your room temperature at night time as you are facing problem just after getting out of bed.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist