question-icon

Suggest treatment for ear infection

Posted on Tue, 13 Jan 2015
Question: hi I have what I think is a small ear infection after going swimming recently in a pool. I had a urinary tract infection recently and I was prescribed Augmentin Duo Forte Tab and still have one suply left (urinary tract infection was cleaned up after one precription).

I was wondering if the Augmentin would also work in cleaning up the ear infection? If so it would save me a trip to the doctors.
Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Augmentin is good for ear infections!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for using HCM.

I am so sorry to hear about about this ear infection. Augmentin is the drug of choice for ear infections. If you have it, then there would be no need getting a new script as this can work as well. What are your symptoms?

I hope this helps. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to ask more questions and we would gladly address them.
Dr. Ivo Ditah