• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for dysuria

Posted on Tue, 1 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: Burning when i go pee. I had pee i grabed my penis so i wont; pee in my pants started to pee squeezed to keep from peeing my pants now penis is sore when i pee and hurts. I had pee i grabed my penis so i wont; pee in my pants started to pee squeezed to keep from peeing my pants now penis is sore when i pee and hurts. What Rx can i use to stop pain when i pee
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for contacting HCM with your health care concerns.

You prevented yourself from urinating on yourself be holding your penis and possibly squeezing too hard damaging or bruising your penis. Now it hurts to urinate. To help stop the pain you can use over then counter medication for urinary tract infections. You will find this in the women's section and is called Azo or Phenazopyridine. This is a medication that will stop the pain with urination. If this does not help then you need to see a urologist to be sure you don't have a urinary tract infection or damage to the ureter.

I hope I answered your question. If you have any additional questions please contact us again
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Ronald Schubert

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1984

Answered : 2407 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Phenazopyridine

doctor1 MD

My doc started me on an antibiotic for a bladder infection because he said i had high amounts of protein & blood (visable) in my urine. I ve been...

doctor1 MD

I was told last week that i had a urinary tract infection because i had pain and had blood in inurine. Just hung up with Doc and they said that was...

doctor1 MD

I am having symptoms of a bladder infection. I have no bladder cramps, rather pain in my urether. I have some meds, about a year old which I have...

doctor1 MD

i am a 40 year old female (smoker) soon to be 41 next month. i have had microscopic hematuria for over a year and my physician performed to urine...

doctor1 MD

I believe my wife has Sepsis (urinary infection). She has taken the last of her medication provided by a medical doctor in Winnipeg (...

doctor1 MD


I am 37 years old and had blood work and urine test done which showed that I have a urinary tract infection. My symptoms are cloudy urine with...

doctor1 MD

spent a week in XXXXXXX when came back had issues with bowel movements, no feel like urinate but have difficulties, went to a clinic they tested...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ronald Schubert
  • Q - Suggest treatment for bone cancer

  • Q - What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?

  • Q - What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for skin rashes

  • Q - What are side effects of Metanx?

  • Q - What does a brown spot on arm indicate?

  • Q - What causes hair growth on heel?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs

  • Q - Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines

  • Q - What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?