Suggest treatment for dyspepsia

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Male 38 SW engineer BP 140/90 No diabetes. from 6months gaestric trouble particularly btw 2pm-5pm when in office. sounds coming in stomach's left side. gas doesnt go out. BF at 9 30am & lunch 2pm. dietary habits normal. only veg. food. NO smoking& drinking. very irritating. suggest me proper medication.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dyspepsia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query.
Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation which causes pain all these are termed under umbrella term dyspepsia.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
*Take a probiotic twice daily for 7 days.

Test suggested-
Ultrasound abdomen
stool routine and microscopy.
Hopefully that should help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad