Suggest treatment for ductral invasive breast cancer
with Dr. to have another oppinion. what is your outlook on harmone pill to block harmones? Will the risk out way the benifit? Thank you
depends on cancer receptor status
Welcome to HealthcareMagic .
I read your query and understand your concern . Giving hormone therapy for breast cancer depends on the ER/PR receptor and her2/neu receptor status. When cancer tissue is removed , it is tested for above mentioned receptor positivity.
If it is positive then hormone therapy is given . If it is negative hormone therapy is not given as it will be of no benefit. I would suggest you to take hormone therapy if you have receptors status positive. Hormone therapy is useful in prevention of recurrence in node negative ,receptor positive patients.
These hormones are likely to cause blood clots and since you are already having high cholesterol discuss use of blood thinning agents like aspirin with hormonal therapy with your doctor. If your receptor status is positive then benefits overweigh the side effects.
Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Invasive breast cancer prognosis
- Symptoms of invasive breast cancer
- Are lumps in tests of invasive breast cancer considered separate
- Treatment and cure for invasive breast cancer
- Non invasive breast cancer treatment
- Drugs/medication for invasive breast cancer
- Invasive breast cancer causes
- Diagnosis of invasive breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for breast cancer
- Invasive and non invasive breast cancer