Suggest treatment for dry cough and wheezing

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I WEAR A MASK 24/7 OTHERWISE AM WHEEZYTO;; WITH A DRY COUGH AND SINCED I STARTED WEARING MASK I KEEPING MY HEAD UNDER THE BEDCOVERS AND NOTICE ARMHAIRS STANDING UP IF NOT COVERED AND FEELS AS THO ARE SUNBURNED AFTER USING VINEGAR IN BATHWATER TO EASE THE BURNPAIN, ALSO TONGU HAS CONSTANT TINGLE SIMILAR TO OLDER STYLE D BATTERY TOUCHING TOUNGUE. WHAT/WHY?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hyperventilation Syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
You have a condition called ' Hyperventilation Syndrome '. You drive out the carbon dioxide in the blood when you breathe rapidly in your 'air hunger '. As a result the blood becomes more alkaline and the ionized calcium drops. This leads to the tingling sensation of the tongue and around the lips. It can also lead to muscular twitching and also carpopedal spasm, cramps in the hands and feet. When you wear the mask you are breathing in the carbon dioxide you breath out and are correcting the imbalance.
The treatment is simple. You be relaxed and breathe in and out of a paper bag taking slow and deep breaths. Your symptoms would disappear.
Get back to me if you have further questions.