Suggest treatment for dry and itchy skin on face

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: It looks like some type of skin allergy. I am already taking doxy cyclone for acne. the skin on the upper arms and face has become dry and itchy.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it's doxycycline allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.

I deeply understand your concern.I have seen your snap and thanks for your upload.These are probably fixed drug eruptions which is a known side effect doxycyline.I would recommend you to stop taking doxycycline immediately.Please be informed that you are not supposed to take this drug in the future since the allergy will recur.

Advice antihistaminics Tab.Fexofenadine 180 mg once daily for one week for itching.It is FDA approved over the counter drug and can be procured at the pharmacy.
Apply moisturizing agents topically to have a soothing effect.
Donot pop any of the lesions and they will definitely heal within 2-4 weeks time as a natural course.Nothing to panic.

Get well soon.All the best.

Dr.Praveen
Dr. Praveen