Suggest treatment for discoloration of lips post unprotected intercourse

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 31 Oct 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I have been monogamous for 5 years with the only sex partner I have ever had (my wife). I am straight and never had any other partners prior to my marriage.

6 weeks ago, for the first time outside of my marriage, I performed unprotected oral sex (fellatio and cunnilingus) with a girl I don't know in Mexico. After the encounter, she told me that she used to be a prostitute, but not anymore and she assured me that she is clean (not that I believe it). One week after the encounter, I started to feel some discomfort while peeing, the need of frequent peeing, and noticed a transparent discharge coming from the penis (I am not sure if it was an infection or just me being paranoid).

I went to and STD clinic and they gave me antibiotics for both chlamydia and gonorrhea, before they got the test results back (which came back negative). The discharge and discomfort disappeared afterwards.

Today, 6 weeks after the encounter, I am noticing a weird discoloration on my lips.

I want to add:

The oral sexual contact happened only once with this women and it was only oral (lips kissing, fellatio, and cunnilingus).

I don't feel the need to itch or it hurts.

I am including images to the question.

I am really worried, and I don't know how to get peace of mind.

What are the chance that this is a symptom for STD (e.g., Herpes)? Does it look like it?

Image 6 is the clearest. Notice the upper lip how it is different from the lower one (it is not pink, with small white dots)

The weird discoloration on my lips is more like a white pumps. They don't hurt and I don't feel them. I just see them in the mirror. They go over the entirely of my upper lip and a little bit of the corners and lower.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fordy's pappule or contact allergy possible. unlikely to be STD/HIV

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Oral sex (Felatio, Cunnilingus) has very low risk for STD/HIV. The risk through kissing is negligible as per CDC, XXXXXXX So not to worry much.
The pappules over your lips are neither due to STD nor HIV. The appearance of these lesion does not fit with Herpes simplex lesion.
These lesions could either be due to Fordy's spots or due to some contact allergy.
Fordy's spots are nothing but ectopic skin glands and no treatment is necessary. Contact allergy to secretion, saliva or to some applications can easily be treated. Consult a Dermatologist he/she will help you in this regard.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Thanks for your reply. I just noticed them earlier today. Do they go by themselves? Or is there a treatment? They are not painful but I want to make sure they are not associated with genatil warts or herpes.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your lip lesions are neither Herpes nor warts.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.

I once again assure you that your lip problem neither related to Herpes nor Warts.

Fordy's spots require no treatment. If you want to get rid of the same laser is preferred. If it is due to allergy, you will be alright soon without any treatment. Your Dermatologist will be the right person to guide you after a careful examination.
Dr S.Murugan