Suggest treatment for diarrhea, listeria and yellowish fluid discharge from rectum
ate Blue Bell ice cream 3 weeks ago
The reason I mentioned the ice cream is that there was a recall due to listeria. My stools are not just loose they are yellow water/mucus
Thank you for the query.
Te most probable reason of such stool problems is mild bacterial infection of gastrointestinal tract. It may be related to mentioned Ice Cram intake. Watery stools with mucus can be the only reason.
I suggest you to do not wait with it any longer. Please consult your doctor. Stool test and stool culture test should be done. In case of an infection, antibiotic should be given. If the blood will be found, colonoscopy is necessary.
In a meanwhile please start probiotic intake.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Can listeria infection cause diarrhea?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea
- Treatment and cure for listeria infection