Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for de-addiction of alcohol

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Hi My brother aged 35 is completely into the addicted for alcohol. We tried lot of times to take medicine for avoiding alcohol but he refused. Currently he is in a mind set to take, can you suggest which is best or what kind of treatment
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Visit Deaddiction centre Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. A better choice of medication to get rid of the addiction is LIBRIUM and DISULFIRAM. Both the medications have side effects of their own and can get serious if not monitored by doctors. Also self medication with any medications especially in chronic alcoholic could be XXXXXXX Hence, I suggest you to take him to a better deaddiction centre for safe and healthy deaddiction. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Addiction Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor