Suggest treatment for dark stitch scars on forehead and near the eyes

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I meet with an accident 3 years ago. I have stitch marks which look weird and dark black in color. There are two such big marks. One on the forehead which is around 1/2 inch size and another near the left eye which is a 2 inch size mark,they both are dark black in color.

Consulting a doctor he said its a kind of tattoo mark which can only be reduced and removed completely.

Please let me know all the medical treatments that i can try?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cosmetic surgery can be effective.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome to HCM.

I appreciate your concern for the scars on the stitched wound over the face.
I am sorry to know about this stitch mark that you have mentioned.

I would like to know what exactly the problem is with these stitch marks?
Do they cause pain, itching or you don not like their appearance?
If you upload the picture of the affected part, it will give me an idea what suggestions would be useful to you.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
They don't cause pain or itching. I just don't like there appearance on my face. They look weird and it will make my confidence levels go down.

Sorry but there is not option of uploading pictures in this discussion box. So i am sending you some private image links.

https://yyyy/tazosure/

https://yyyy/zemisuda/

The first link picture has a stitch mark on forehead and the second has near eye.

1. Please let me know the treatments that can solve this marks go away?
2. If possible if these go by any ointments, please suggest?
3. Also drop me the cost details of the surgery if any?

Please. It will be great, if you share your email id

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly find the details below:

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome back.
Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry to inform you that I could not succeed in opening the links given in your query to have a look on the stitch marks on your face.

However, I would like to stress here that scar is a fibrous tissue which can not be erased however it can be made cosmetically desirable by various treatments which depend upon a number of factors like size & color of the scar, whether it is depressed or raised.

1. The following treatments available to solve this problem;
Steroid injections in to the stitch marks, Silicone bandages & dressing, micro dermabrasion or Laser therapy.

2. As mentioned above Silicone bandages & dressings are useful
3. The cost of the cosmetic surgery depends upon the hospital and the city.

A dermatologist will not only tell you the cost but also advice you the best remedy to get rid of your stitch marks.

You may directly communicate through healthcare magic solutions.

Best of your health.