Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

140 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for dark stitch scars on forehead and near the eyes

Answered by
Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1988

Answered : 4308 Questions

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

I meet with an accident 3 years ago. I have stitch marks which look weird and dark black in color. There are two such big marks. One on the forehead which is around 1/2 inch size and another near the left eye which is a 2 inch size mark,they both are dark black in color.

Consulting a doctor he said its a kind of tattoo mark which can only be reduced and removed completely.

Please let me know all the medical treatments that i can try?

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cosmetic surgery can be effective.

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome to HCM.

I appreciate your concern for the scars on the stitched wound over the face.
I am sorry to know about this stitch mark that you have mentioned.

I would like to know what exactly the problem is with these stitch marks?
Do they cause pain, itching or you don not like their appearance?
If you upload the picture of the affected part, it will give me an idea what suggestions would be useful to you.

Awaiting your reply.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
They don't cause pain or itching. I just don't like there appearance on my face. They look weird and it will make my confidence levels go down.

Sorry but there is not option of uploading pictures in this discussion box. So i am sending you some private image links.



The first link picture has a stitch mark on forehead and the second has near eye.

1. Please let me know the treatments that can solve this marks go away?
2. If possible if these go by any ointments, please suggest?
3. Also drop me the cost details of the surgery if any?

Please. It will be great, if you share your email id

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly find the details below:

Detailed Answer:
Hi & Welcome back.
Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry to inform you that I could not succeed in opening the links given in your query to have a look on the stitch marks on your face.

However, I would like to stress here that scar is a fibrous tissue which can not be erased however it can be made cosmetically desirable by various treatments which depend upon a number of factors like size & color of the scar, whether it is depressed or raised.

1. The following treatments available to solve this problem;
Steroid injections in to the stitch marks, Silicone bandages & dressing, micro dermabrasion or Laser therapy.

2. As mentioned above Silicone bandages & dressings are useful
3. The cost of the cosmetic surgery depends upon the hospital and the city.

A dermatologist will not only tell you the cost but also advice you the best remedy to get rid of your stitch marks.

You may directly communicate through healthcare magic solutions.

Best of your health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Laser therapy

doctor1 MD

Hello.. my stomach feels heavy after eating,it gets really big and sometimes makes it hard to breathe,i was told i have abnormal heart beat,which is now heart block,all my ecg are abnormal and no one knows why,in addition i have hip dysplasia,after going for laser therapy,and some injections,the inflammation is less now,i have a swollen lymph exactly where my hip joint is,i don't know why,i have constant vaginal discharges before/after period and sometimes when i am pressed,but gyneacologists said its normal.all these are freaking me out and i don't know what to do..i am 28 years old.Thank you for your time.

doctor1 MD

Hallo doctor, i m 19 years old and i am suffering from a problem of tanning on my face and hands from quite some time, my face and arms are somewhat dull as compared to my hands, so please suggest me is a good treatment available considering this , and also is laser therapy is helpful for the above problem . Thanking you Mannat kamboj Dehradun, INDIA

doctor1 MD

Last year in march some bleeding starts during my stool.I showed to Gen.Physician.He has given me some medicine.It stopped bleeding.Again it happened in may and again I visited the same doctor and taken the same medicine but no relief.It happens on and off.This year in first week of April continuous bleeding starts one-two times a daily.Again I showed to the same doctor.He adviced me for clonscopy test.I have gone for clonoscopy test under gastroentrology department in Maharaja Agresen Hospital,Punjabi Bagh on 30-04-2011 where small Haemorrihods found positve.Doctor said it is small hence no operation required and suggested Dafflon 500 mg for 14 days.I have taken the same tablet.It stopped but again started bleeding.Now I am fed up.I have to commute by metro train and bus dailly for six hour.It is internal pile.Please suggest me what to do.Is laser therapy available in Noida and it is safe or not.Kindly reply at the earliest.

doctor1 MD

I have back pain in my lower back across my buttocks only after walking about 5 to 10 minutes it goes away when I sit down usually only after several minutes then I can walk again for another short time, laying down or siting causes no pain. after...

doctor1 MD

Hi, i am 25 years married Lady. i have PCOD and when the hormone tests where done, I have a high Prolactin level ie; 39.93ng/ml (The Ref. Range is 1 - 30). My Gynecologist prescribed me Cabergoline, 0.5mg once per week for Six weeks. I have started my medicine two days before. following questions are arising in my mind.
1) can i become pregnant?
2) will my irregular cycle become normal?
3) what diet i have to follow?
4) will the hair growth in body get reduced once Prolactine level is normalized?
Hope you can help me.

doctor1 MD

For about 2 weeks, my right shin is sore to touch. Its about a 1-2 inch spot that hurts. It feels like a bruise is there, but there is no visible bruise or swelling there. It does not hurt when I walk, run, exercise, etc. No pain when I bear...

doctor1 MD

I have black spots over my back. is there any treatment?