Suggest treatment for cyst in heel bone
Bone cysts discussed
hi thanks for your question.
people of any age can get bone cysts. there are many different types and the most common types change with age.
most cysts are benign but some can be locally aggressive which causes them to expand and weaken the bone. malignant cysts that can spread to other parts of the body are rare. if concern exists then a biopsy may be required to make a definitive diagnosis.
if you are having pain with walking then this may indicate that the cyst has already weakened the bone enough for it to fracture under normal loads and would make your treating Doctor more likely to recommend cleaning the cyst out and possibly bone grafting it.
I hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for aneurysmal bone cyst
- Bone cyst treatment in adult
- Bleeding cyst on the tail bone treatment
- Treatment and cure for traumatic bone cyst
- Foot spurs treatment heel bone
- Treatment and cure for Bone cysts
- Suggest treatment for heel pain
- Treatment for jaw bone cyst
- Suggest the treatment for tuberculosis of bones
- Treatment and cure for navicular bone cyst