Suggest treatment for cut on upper eyelid
Per info above. I did visit a doctor. He provided the steroid cream. It looks worse today. I want to prevent scarring. What can you recommend?
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Steroid cream is not to be applied at the moment.You should apply a antibiotic ointment like suframycine or neosporine and try to apply a pressure bandage so that the edges are apposed.
Steroid in inetial stage can increase chances of infection.Steroid is to be applied after the wound is completely healed.Apply antibiotic ointment and if necessary, oral anti biotics will be needed if chances of infection.Let the scar form,then apply steroid to lessen the scar.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fucidin treatment for cyst on upper eyelid
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory infection
- Cyst on inner side of upper eyelid of eye treatment
- Treatment and cure for upper eyelid coloboma
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids
- Suggest treatment for cut nose that is painful and itchy
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratorry tract infection
- Suggest treatment for spondylosis in upper spine
- Suggest treatment for small cut on hand
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...