Suggest treatment for colorless and odorless penile discharge

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 30 Sep 2014 in Men's Health
Question: How serious is my symptom? Have experiencing penile discharge which is colorless and odorless. Has been happening perhaps once a month but recently occurred two consecutive nights. Happens during sleep.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would not be concerned at this time!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this penile discharge and all the inconveniences this must have caused to you.

Unless there are some other symptoms like pain during urination or urinary difficulties, this colorless and odorless penile discharge would not be of any concern at this time. I will suggest that you ignore it and go about your daily activities like there was nothing unless you develop new symptoms.

The fact that this happens during sleep alone makes it less likely to be caused by an anatomical problem.Happening at times when we do not have complete control of all our body functions means it has got more to do with functionality and voluntary will power.

In all, there is no alarm to be concerned at this time unless something new comes up.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.