Suggest treatment for chronic symptoms of gas, indigestion and abdominal discomfort

Gastroenterologist
Question
q38 male Software engineer. After taking lunch & at the time of digestion i.e in the evening internal sounds, gas is moving inside, in the stomach which don't go out fully thru barping r farting. it's been for 2yrs & now it's getting severe. Vegetarian only & strictly against junk foods. Kindly suggest proper medication plz.
Thu, 24 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dyspepsia.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Most likely, based on your description, this is dyspepsia.
Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation.
Rx
Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily.
Tablet Pankreoflat(Simethicone) twice daily.
Take for 5 days and tell me how you feel.
Some general instruction you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Hopefully that should help. However.
Let me know if I could help further.