Suggest treatment for chronic leukaemia

Dr. Jyothi B L

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Blood Cancer(Leukemia)
Question: I have a son with chronic leukaemia we were able to get him an out of the country treatment. We have his before and after tests, we just don't know how to interpret them and don't want to tell his doctor about the out of country treatments. Simply said we want to know if the out of country treatments were effective or not.
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Jyothi B L 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attach reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
I am Dr. Jyothi BL and I will help you with your query.

Can you please attach the present and previous reports including clinical findings and other details you deem necessary?
Also let me know which treatment you are trying for?
Based on information provided, I will try to help you.

Dr. Jyothi BL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Jyothi B L 1 hour later
XXXXXXX has been taking an injection which is suppose to boost your immune system so it fights the problem more naturally.
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Jyothi B L 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Basic Laboratory results appear effective

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Sorry for the delay.

I went through all the values and noted some are missing on certain times. Latest LDH report not available.

The complete blood counts is suggestive of complete remission indicating reduced platelet and WBC counts including basophils.
However, look for spleen and if it unpalpable, it should signify clinical remission.

For final remission evaluation - cytogenetic response of absent XXXXXXX chromosome and molecular response to make sure no transcripts are detectable is necessary.

These present findings are good improvements and indicates effective therapy.
I have no knowledge of the report, when the CML was diagnosed and what findings were there. Present report almost negates any CML diagnosis.

Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.

Dr. Jyothi BL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari