Suggest treatment for chronic cough and lower rib cage pain

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Sir,
I had cough for 3 weeks now ok after that I have a pain in lower right rib cage and sometimes back. I am very scared 8 months before I had done master health chk up it came fine. Is because of poor posture or I sleep in a defective way.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to get done chest x ray first.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are having chronic cough (cough for more than 2 weeks) and lower rib cage pain.
So we should first rule out lung related diseases for your symptoms.
So first get done chest x ray.
If chest x ray is normal then no need to worry for lung diseases.
Coughing can cause musculoskeletal pain which can be worsen by poor sleeping posture.
So your symptoms can be due to musculoskeletal pain but better to first rule out lung related causes.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana