Suggest treatment for celiac disease

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: TTG Antibody ,1gA > 150 U/ml SG OT = 76 SH PT = 90
What is the problem. Doctor says wheat allergy & advice avoiding wheat and prescribe iron tablets.
Can this problem will be solved with time.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have celiac disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
Your ttg iga level is high. It is specific for celiac disease. Celiac disease is gluten sensitive enteropathy.

You should avoid wheat, rye, barley.

Changes of enteropathy will recover after 6 months of diatery restrictions.

Gluten free diet should be strictly followed.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.