question-icon

Suggest treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: As I had pretty bad carbon monoxide poisoning last Saturday from sleeping 3 nights with a bad heater, how do I reverse the damage it has done to my body? I just spoke to a doctor who does Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments and he said it has damaged my brain stem and my nerves. Thank you very much for your help and for being there.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
First get done carboxy hemoglobin estimation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should first get done carboxy hemoglobin (HbCO) measurement.
If it is less than 10 % and you are not having any symptoms then no need to worry much and no need for hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
But if HbCO is more than 10%, you are having neurological deficit, coma, seizures etc then hyper baric oxygen therapy is needed.
So please let me know
1. What are your symptoms?
2. What is your HbCO level?
3. What kind of brainstem and nerve damage you have?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist