Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for bruises on the knuckles

Answered by
Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 11274 Questions

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I punched a wall my knuckles are swallow and feel rubbery it is also badly bruised what could this mean
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please follow next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic.

At this point, you should apply ice, rest, take Ibuprofen and put an elastic bandage. If there is deformity or you can't move your fingers properly then you should see a doctor and do X-rays since in this case, a fracture may have occurred.

If there is significant pain, limited movements or increasing swelling, you should also do X-rays and immobilization with cast may be required.

Wish you good health.
Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Elastic bandage

doctor1 MD

I hit my ankle with the corner of my van door. It hurt right away and felt bruised, but after being on it all day it is very swollen and I can t put pressure on it because it is very painful. I tried ice and an ace bandage, but doesn t seem to be better. Any suggestions?

doctor1 MD

i dislocated my ankle (right leg)... how long it take to get recovered and be normal to walk. Its been two months by now. The doc suggested me to put weight gradually on the leg, but i still have minor swelling and using crepe bandage in the day time.

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I have a Boxer s fracture. My local doc advised to go for plaster or crepe bandage. I prefer crepe badage. However he mentioned that do not wear the crepe bandage during sleep. Is there any problem in wearing during sleep? What other advice you provide? Thank you, Shinokumar

doctor1 MD

Six months ago, I was dancing (I know it is isn t a sport, but my injury is close), and I was doing a full split while I slipped and split fully and too fast. Since then, on my left leg, I have been experiencing pain whenever I stretch . This pain is localised to one long line from my groin to mid-thigh, on the inner side of the leg. I would like to know if the injury is serious, what type of doctor I should consult, and if muscle relaxants (like Moov and Volini) will help, along with hot and cold foamentation and wrapping the injured area with a crepe bandage .

doctor1 MD

Hi, I went for a tel yesterday and twisted my foot it seems. I took interim physiotherapist shell and they told me to take rest and gave a crape bandage with volini . The area that is tender is the upper and lower side of the right foot right...

doctor1 MD

This is a follow-up to our chat of a few days ago re magnesium to alleviate intense muscle spasms in my thigh. It seems to be helping along with the 2mg Tizanidine . I have spoken with my internist and he agrees that I should see an orthopedist to...

doctor1 MD

Two weeks ago I was exercising with weights doing heel raises (weight on toes raise heel). After exercise my arches began to hurt. My left arch still hurts. I have done some RICE...but what else can I do?