Suggest treatment for bruised tail bone

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Went to ER 10 days ago for a bruised tailbone. I got that from landing on my butt jumping out of planes. I'm military. Well I did it again a week later.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is the coccyx that is troubling you . Sadly not much can be done about this you should take rest avoid sitting on hard surfaces and take an antiinflammatory like naproxen for 5 days to decrease the inflammation and start the healing process .

Repeated injuries may lead to delayed healing thus try to avoid any moves that may injure the tailbone .

Dr. Shruti