Suggest treatment for bruise on inner thigh

Posted on Mon, 2 Feb 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Around the beginning of January I had seen what appeared to be a bruise on the inside of my thigh by my lady area, I didn't think anything of it because it was just a quarter size bruise. Then the next day after I had taken a shower I saw the bruise had started looking like a dry slightly red patch of skin, I had just shaved in that area previously and I thought that it could have just been caused by infected hairs growing back, I saw more little patches of dry skin but they don't itch or anything, they just are little patches of dry skin. They are on the inner part of my leg and I thought just a topical lotion or hydrocortisone cream could clear it and get rid of it. They haven't gone away. I looked up genital herpes and read the symptoms and I don't have any of that, I even looked at pictures of it and it doesn't look like what I have. I was wondering what could be causing these little red patches of dried skin? They are not spreading they are just staying in the general area, some are actually going away but others are still there. Any information will be great appreciated
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pictures requested

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your concern regarding the skin lesions over your private areas and it seems you must be having some fungal skin infection but its difficult to point specific diagnosis in absence of clinical examination.
Therefore, I insist you to post good clinical pictures to me so that I can help you in a better way.
You can mail pictures to YYYY@YYYY
with subject titled ' ATTN Dr Hardik Pitroda'.

Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Pitroda 23 minutes later
I have sent a photo.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Pitroda 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the picture.
As I suspected you are having fungal infection called tinea.
I would suggest you a course of antifungal like fluconazole or itraconazole for few weeks.
Also apply topical antifungal like sertaconazole or luliconazole twice a day.
Take antihistaminics like Benadryl to relieve itching.
I am sure you will be fine with the above suggested treatment.
Let me know if you require any more assistance from my side.
Thanks
Dr Hardik Pitroda
Dr. Hardik Pitroda

Dermatologist