Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for blood in urine after masturbation?

Question
hi i am male aged 22 and i have been experiencing blood in my urine after i masturbated excessively 2-3 times a day for couple of weeks and i have been having pain in my urine with slow flow as i cant fully urinate without some pain however i had stopped masturbating for 3 weeks and no blood was coming out the urine drops or anything but abit of pain in the veins in the penis when urinating went for a ultrasound for abdomen and kidney and bladder and it was all clear however recently i masturbated 2-3 times a day again and the blood is now back can you please advise what i could do to sort this problem out.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....stop masturbation for 6 weeks
Detailed answer....
Vigorous and repeated masturbations can result in trauma to the sexual organs.
The most likely organs which can cause such type of bleeding are prostate gland or urethra or even seminal vesicles.
The best remedy in such cases is to give rest to your system so that it heals completely.
Sometimes sexual transmitted diseases can also cause such type of bleeding.
If there is any history of unprotected sex with prostitutes,then you must get yourself tested for STD's.
If there is no history of such type,then nothing should be done and stop masturbating for 6 weeks.
There is no need to take any medication because this bleeding is arising out of trauma only and not due o any disease.
You should be all right,once tissues and organs heal.
If bleeding reoccurs even after 6 weeks of abstinence,then you should consult a urologist for proper evaluation.
On resumption of masturbation make sure to do following...
Be gentle.
Don't masturbate so many times a day.
Don't masturbate just for the heck of it.
Masturbate only on sexual arousal.
Don't try to watch porn just for doing masturbation.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me or any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for blood in urine after masturbation? 6 hours later
When im on antibiotic the bleeding stops but when i leave it for a couple of days later it returns also but when i took a break there was no blood after i urinated just to test the organ i masturbated and the blood drops have increased and gone darker so i believe it is some seminal vein because even few days later in my urine i get sticky fluid coming out what could this mean.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
The dark blood means it was old blood and it has come out with the masturbation.
May be there is some fresh blood also.
In any case,as I told you earlier,stop masturbating and let the system heal.
Things would get all right with rest.
Thanks