Suggest treatment for blood in stool
Please mention the consistency of stool
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. There are two broad factors to consider in case of blood with stool and that involves the consistency of stool. Bleeding could be associated with constipation or could be associated with loose stools. Please elaborate on your condition and mention about the consistency of your stool. If there is constipation you would need to take plenty of fibers. In case of dysentery or bloody stool, treatment with antibiotics is likely to be needed. I would await your response. Based on that I would guide you further.
Let me know if I could help further.
Piles or hemorrhoids
Thanks for the clarification. The presentation is typical of that of Piles or hemorrhoids. The perianal veins dilate and rupture causing the bleeding. It can be painless. Irrespective of whether you have constipation, you need to ensuring a fibre rich diet to ease the situation. Green leafy vegetables and other sources of dietary fibres contribute roughage which for the bulk of stool. Unless fiber intake is adequate, the gastrointestinal movement will be hampered and such a problem may result. Please note that you need soluble fibres. You get this type of fibre from wheat XXXXXXX whole grains, and some vegetables. Soluble fibre helps lower blood cholesterol levels and control blood sugar levels. You get this type of fibre from oats, barley, psyllium, oranges, dried beans and lentils. A high fibre diet may also help prevent colon cancer.
In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Avoid red meat.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fibre supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* In case of subsequent episodes, take Sitz bath. In a big tumbler take water as hot as your skin can take. Sit on it with your anal opening dipped. Do this if you have the discomfort.
* If the problem intensifies, taking Daflon tablet 500mg every 4 hours for 3 days followed by once every 8 hours for next 4 days should help in resolution of the problem.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I could help further.
Make sure to take fiber rich diet and keep yourself properly hydrated.
Yes, in piles this amount of blood is shed.. and may be more. Such a blood loss, if continued, can land the body in crisis. Colon cancer is not the first thing that needs to be brought in consideration. In any case, the treatment of both would be the same and that is to ensure plenty of fiber intake. You also need to drink lots of water.
Piles is possible even in case of a child. So, definitely at the age of 23 years it is possible.
Make sure to take fiber rich diet and keep yourself properly hydrated. I do not suppose you would need to worry. If the problem extends further, follow the advice given during my second interaction.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Noticed blood coming out in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for runny stools
- Suggest treatment for constipation and blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for klebsiella in stool
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and blood in stool
- Treatment and cure for Blood in stool
- Getting blood in stool suggest remedy and treatment
- What is the treatment for blood in stools
- Suggest treatment for stool dumping
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation