Suggest treatment for benign thyroid nodule
a) what should be our next course of action?
b) I am attaching all papers for your consideration.Please tell me whether operation is essential? what problem may occur if the lump remains unoperated?
c) why this pain is developing?
Benign thyroid nodule.
dear sir, hi! this is dr XXXXXXX thyroid is known to have thyroid nodules, they are usually benign. if your wife is euthyroid and not symptomatic then nothing is to be done , only close follow up. if she has thyroid dysfunction then thyroxine replacement is recommended. sudden increase in size, sudden pain can be due to internal bleeding but that too can be managed without surgery. surgery is only suggested if
1. there is malignancy
2. compression of food pipe
3. compression of wind pipe.
so annual follow up is sufficient.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the treatment for thyroid nodules
- Thyroid nodules treatment ayurveda
- Benign thyroid nodules that grow
- Complex thyroid nodule treatment
- Treatment and cure for Thyroid nodule
- Treatment and cure for cold thyroid nodule
- Radiation treatment for thyroid nodules
- Treatment of thyroid nodules
- Thyroid nodules treatment options
- Benign thyroid nodule symptoms