Suggest treatment for atypical trigeminal neuralgia
kindly consult a otorhinolaryngologist (ENT doctor) and a psychiatrist .
Thanks for writing in to us.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
Atypical trigeminal neuralgia ( type 2 trigeminal neuralgia )is a form of trigeminal neuralgia, a disorder of the fifth cranial nerve.
This form of nerve pain is rare and the symptoms overlap with several other disorders , thus difficult to diagnose.
The pain can be described as heavy, aching, stabbing, and burning and associated with migarine like headache.
40 mg Cymbalta(Duloxetine) is an antidepressant used for various mental/ mood disorders.
Tramadol is a narcotic like pain reliever drug used for the pain in trigeminal neuralgia.
Ask your doctor before using tramadol together with Duloxetine (Cymbalta).
Combination of these two medications can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, confusion, , increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
As of now i advice you to kindly consult a otorhinolaryngologist (ENT doctor) regarding trigeminal neuralgia and a psychiatrist regarding the drug interactions between tramadol and cymbalta.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trigeminal neuralgia radiation treatment
- Treatment and cure for trigeminal neuralgia
- Natural treatment for trigeminal neuralgia
- Homeopathic treatment for trigeminal neuralgia
- Atypical trigeminal neuralgia prognosis
- Suggest treatment for trigeminal neuralgia
- Bettermedicine article trigeminal neuralgia treatments
- Treatment and cure for refractory trigeminal neuralgia
- Atypical trigeminal neuralgia symptoms
- Trigeminal neuralgia treatment