Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for attention deficit disorder

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
cannot focus and stay on task, easily distracted,never read an entire book all the way through i've been diagnosed as ADD and taken Ritalin for works very well but because I'm an adult people don't take me seriously, they think its only for kids...I can't finish tasks ever, my mind wanders constantly, as I have an overactive brain, I can't get anything done, I'm so frustrated with this.. My house is a mess both my children and father are ADD can I get a Rx for generic Ritalin?
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try Bupropion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

May be you have attention deficit disorder (ADD). In that case, you can try amphetamine or bupropion or methylphenidate (retalin) etc. At age of 67, there is no use of giving ritalin due to its side effect like headache, decrease appetite, chest pain or anxiety symptoms etc. In that case, you can try bupropion or low dose of amphetamine. Bupropion is a antidepressant and it would help to improve attention in your case. If it does not work, then you can try amphetamine. Amphetamine is a stimulant like ritalin and effective in ADD. Rest, you can discuss with your doctor.

If you have more query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor