• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I am so afraid of medicine but I had a recent health issue ( pneumonia and a lung abscess) and ever since I finished the course of antibiotics I have become extremely anxious. Even went to the er thought I was having a heart attack. My doctor put me 0.25 mg of xanax as needed. She also put me on mirtazaine 7mg to increase my appetite. I took the 7mg and felt out of it for part of the day but very calm with no panic attacks. Because it made me feel groggy I cut the 7 mg in half and took it the next night. Had an anxiety attack in the morning and took xanax. Dr. said I could increase the xanax to .5mg of I needed. So this morning I took a .25mg xanax at 6 am and then cut one in half and took it at 9. I am ok now but I am so afraid of getting another attack . Should I take another half of the .25 mg one?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take for quick response.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Most likely you are having anxiety or panic attacks. If the symptoms are recurrent then yes you can take 0.25 mg of drug for anxiety control even if you had anxiety attack few hours back. This will not cause any serious effects.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist