Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder

Jun 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2496 Questions
Hi , i am XXXX, while wearing cloth i feel suffocating and fear comes in the mind, whether my breath going to stop, what is the wrong with me
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Specific phobia Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, psychiatrist would help you in this problem. Feeling sudden suffocation and fear while changing clothes is towards anxiety disorder. It would keep possibility of specific phobia. In specific phobia, patient has fear in specific conditions, animal, object or situation like height, dark, water, any place etc. Due to fear, they have anxiety symptoms in particular situation. This lead to avoidance tendency and end with mark socio-occupational dysfunction. I think, same problem is in your case. You have fear and anxiety symptoms while wearing clothes for last one month and this is towards specific phobia. There is nothing to worry about it. It is psychological issue, which would improve with certain drug like low dose antidepressant and low dose benzodiazepine along with some relaxation exercise. For medication and psychotherapy, you should consult a psychiatrist. That would help to control your symptoms, otherwise it could increase day by day. In case, you need my help, you can consult me. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor