Suggest treatment for an anal mass

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Cancer
Question: Hi I have a picture of an anal mass that is not a hemorrhoid and was just biopsied in surgery yesterday and I was wondering if you could tell me if it looks like anal cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not looking like anal cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have gone through the picture you have uploaded in your other query as in this query there is no image attached. It is a bit against anal cancer as the covering skin is intact and smooth.

It looks like a prolapsed thrombosed hemorrhoid to me but you have mentioned that it is not, probably according to your doc. In that case, it can be a polyp or benign tumor. The biopsy will give the diagnosis.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Indranil Ghosh 13 hours later
Thank you. Also ever since the surgery I have had terrible pressure in my inner thigh and vagina; the only other time I had this is when I was pregnant or when my uterus was in prolapse (but after that episode I had a hysterectomy and had my uterus and cervix removed). I read that I could be having inner thigh pain because of the positions they put me in during surgery, but this is more like pressure not pain. What could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
most likely positioning

Detailed Answer:
This is most likely due to stretching of nerves caused by positioning during surgery. it is quite common and should subside in few days