Suggest treatment for acne

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello doctor

I am continuesly getting pimples in face , i am facing this problem for a long time , i tried some of the medicines but its temprevary . I will request you to recomment a seperate soap for face and some medicine for removing dark spots. And what i have to in future to control this . And can u recommend any fruits to apply on face every week for better results, and what food items i have to follow in future. Attched photos
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attach close up pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Now from the description, it seems like you have been suffering from adult acne.
I would request you to please attach some close up pictures of your face so that I can assess the extent of skin problem and guide accordingly .
Also please provide details about the treatments you have already taken in the form of both oral and topical medicine.
Are you currently also taking or applying any medicines?
Do you take any steroids or body supplement.?
I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 38 minutes later
Attached photos
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Case of acne prone skin

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I have seen the attached picture.
You seem to have moderate acne lesions.
In patients like you, I usually recommend courses of oral anti acne medicines along with topical drugs.
As far as face wash is concerned, you can use neutrogena anti acne oil control face wash two to three times a day. You can apply multani mitti mixed with XXXXXXX water twice a week over your face to control oil production and acne.
You can apply a lightening agent like kojivit cream over the pigmented scars of the face.
As I have already told, you might need specific anti acne agents.
If you are not already applying anything , you can start using clindamycin cream over the pimples twice a day.
Avoid touching or picking of acne lesions. Avoid using hair oil. You should always apply a medicated sunscreen before going out in the sun.

Hope it helps

Please ask if you need any further clarifications

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj