Suggest treatment for adult acne while having mild psoriasis

Posted on Wed, 8 Feb 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have adult acne with a few smaller spots and a couple larger cysts. I have had acne since my teen years and I also have mild psoriasis on my body so I'm looking for an acne solution that won't trigger psoriasis on my face.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Psoriasis is uncommon on face.
As far as acne is concerned you seem to have moderate to severe grade of acne. I suggest you to take Oral Iostretinoin 20mg* once daily.
Isotretinoin is most effective drug for treatment of moderate to severe grade of acne or acne that has not responded to conventional antiacne therapy.
In addition for your inflammatory acne I would suggest you to take Azithromycin 500mg tablet on 3 consecutive days in a week for 3-4 weeks.
Topically you may use benzoyl peroxide gel (e.g Microbenz 3.5% gel), twice daily.
Use a mild cleanser for face wash e.g Cetaphil cleansing lotion, twice daily.

*Precaution - This drug cannot be used during pregnancy or in females who can get pregnant while on treatment with isotretioin.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist